Join the Sawtooth Botanical Garden (SBG) and friends for this popular spring summer wildflower walk series to some of our local area’s most diverse and spectacular habitats. Walks happen rain or shine. Bring appropriate outerwear, sturdy walking shoes, water, sunscreen, hat and lunch. Some walks are appropriate for children age 7 years and older accompanied by an adult, but please leave your dog at home. Call if you have questions: 208-726-9358.
All trips start at the Sawtooth Botanical Garden, 11 Gimlet Road, 4 miles south of Ketchum. We will carpool from SBG which helps reduce the group’s environmental footprint. Wildflower Walks are led by local experts and are free; donations to the Sawtooth Botanical Garden are very much appreciated.
Wildflower Walk destinations are to be determined by what is blooming where and when (Have a hot tip? Let us know!). Locations will be posted here when they are known. Participants are encouraged to always meet at the Garden and carpool to the site.
- 9:30 – Meet at SBG: sign waivers, review logistics, carpooling
- 9:30-9:45 – Trip overview and highlights
- 9:45 – Leave from Sawtooth Botanical Garden
- Wildflower Walk; often concludes with lunch on site
- Return times to SBG is typically around 2:00; check individual walk details
2019 Wildflower Walk Schedule
- May 23: Wildflower Walk #1: Camas Prairie and Centennial Marsh
- June 13: Wildflower Walk #2 Greenhorn Gulch (wild peonies and more!)
- June 20: Wildflower Walk #3 Location TBD
- June 27: Wildflower Walk #4 Location TBD
- July 11: Wildflower Walk #5 Location TBD
- July 18: Wildflower Walk #6 Location TBD
- July 25: Final Wildflower Walk, Location TBD