Join the Sawtooth Botanical Garden (SBG) and the Idaho Native Plant Society for this popular summer wildflower walk series to some of the area’s most diverse and spectacular habitats. Walks are free and happen rain or shine. Bring appropriate outerwear, sturdy walking shoes, water, sunscreen, hat and lunch. Some walks are appropriate for children age 7 years and older accompanied by an adult. But please leave Fido at home. Call if you have questions.
All trips start at the Sawtooth Botanical Garden, 11 Gimlet Road, 4 miles south of Ketchum. We will carpool from SBG which helps reduce the groups environmental footprint. If carpooling, consider helping your driver pay for gas. Donations to the Sawtooth Botanical Garden are appreciated for providing this service.
- 8:30–8:45 – SBG: sign waivers, review logistics, carpooling
- 8:45-9:00 – ‘Tiny desk’ presentation – trip overview and highlights
- 9:00 – leave from Sawtooth Botanical Garden
- Wildflower Walk; concludes with lunch on site
- 1:00 – return to SBG (Note 3:00 PM return time for some Walks)
Field Trip Schedule
- June 3 – Centennial Marsh
- July 1 – Greenhorn Gulch
- July 21-22 – Native Idaho Orchids talk and field trip
- August 12 – Exploring Trail Creek Summit
- September 9 – Three Big Trees