Discovery Club – Wednesdays 6/13-8/15
Similar to story hour at libraries, Discovery Club is perfect summer activity for youth 4 to 8 years old. The hour-long programs are free and require no pre-registration to participate. Each session features engaging stories, fun activities and Garden explorations around an environmentally related theme, including Worms!, Insects in the Stream, Our 5 Senses, Favorite Flowers, Fruits and Seeds, Leaves in Autumn, The World of Roots and more!
Discovery Club will be offered each Tuesday from 10-11 AM June 15-August 15.
Guided Garden Tours End October 8
SBG Guided Tours End for Season
The Sawtooth Botanical Garden will celebrate the end of summer and the Trailing of the Sheep Festival with free guided tours of its most popular gardens. Two daily tours will be offered Wednesday through Sunday, October 4-8. Morning tours highlight the Garden of Infinite Compassion which features a rare Tibetan prayer wheel constructed at the Dalai Lama’s monastery in India. Afternoon tours start feature the Garden of the Five Senses, Montane Garden and perennial beds.
- Wednesday, October 4: 10-11 AM with SBG Education Director Kristin Fletcher; 4-5 PM with SBG Garden Manager Kathy Noble.
- Thursday, October 5: 10-11 AM with SBG Education Director Kristin Fletcher; 4-5 PM with SBG Garden Manager Kathy Noble.
- Friday, October 6: 10-11 AM with Buddhist teacher Mary Ann Chubb; 4-5 PM with SBG Garden Manager Kathy Noble.
- Saturday, October 7: 10-11 AM with SBG Executive Director Kat Vanden Heuvel; 4-5 PM with local garden expert Helen Stone.
- Sunday, October 8: 10-11 AM with Buddhist teacher Mary Ann Chubb; 4-5 PM with SBG Garden Assistant Susan Sheffield.
SBG is located at 11 Gimlet Road, 4 miles south of Ketchum.
Roots to Seeds
The Sawtooth Botanical Garden is offering “Roots to Seeds,” a great end of the summer children’s workshop on Saturday, September 16. During this fun 3-hour class children ages 8-10 will explore the plant world from the ground up through stories, games and hands-in-the-dirt activities. Cost is just $25 per student and includes materials and snacks. Advance registration required. Instructor: SBG Education Director Kristin Fletcher.
Instructor: SBG Education Director Kristin Fletcher
Date: Saturday, September 16
Time: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Cost: $25, includes materials and snacks; advance registration required